The Condition Of Muslims After The War Of Independence
- The British wrath upon them.
- Check on progress in all spheres.
- Inimical attitude towards modern knowledge.
“Though both Muslims and Hindus fought for their liberation, the heavy hands of Britishers fell on Muslims.” (Nehru)
The Position Of Hindus
- Merely a change of rulers for them.
- Progress under British auspices.
Aligarh Movement-different Aspects
- A multidimensional movement.
- Renaissance of Muslims.
- Political Services
“Galvanized a mass of frustrated Muslims into a nation and ultimately guided them towards their destination.”
- Steps for understanding b/w Muslims and Britishers .
- The pamphlet for the cause of revolt.
- Loyal Muhammadans of India.
- Efforts In Urdu Hindi Controversy
- Seperate Electorate
- Basis Of Two Nation Theory
“Muslims and hinds can’t get united in anything whole heartedly.”
- Educational Services
“The only knowledge which can equip Muslims for the struggle of life is the knowledge of European literature and sciences.”
- Aligarh College.
MAO school (1874), college (1877), university, (1920).
Eastern and modern education.
- Muhammadan Educational Conference
Public meetings to discuss modern techniques of education.
- Scientific Society.
4.English Medium Of
- At Ghazi Purr for the purpose of translation (1860). `
- Services For Urdu.
. Aligarh institute which worked a lot for the progress of Urdu.
- Social And Religious Services
- Rectification Of Muslims
- Religious Writings
Impacts Of Aligarh Movement
- Education for Muslims
- Unity among Muslims
- Protection of Muslim rights
- Culmination of social evils
- Political awareness for Muslims
- Better understanding with Britishers
- Economic welfare of Muslims
- Projection of two nation theory