Important Idioms and Phrases are Most Repeated in CSS/PMS/FPSC/PPSC/BA Exams which will help you for the preparation of all competitive, aptitude and ability tests such as CSS, PMS, FPSC, KPPSC, PPSC, SPSC, NTS, BPSC and other competitive jobs exams.
- In apple pie order (حد درجہ صفای)
Meaning: Perfectly neat and methodical arrangement
Example: The books are laying on the table in apple pie order.
- A white elephant: (ایسی چیز یا جائداد جس کی ضرورت نہ رہی ہو)
Meaning: Too costly to be worth maintaining
Example: This old car is a white elephant for a poor person.
- A black sheep: (کسی گروہ یا خاندان کا نہ پسندیدہ شحص)
Meaning: That member who is thought to be disgrace to the other members of it.
Example: Now every profession has got its black sheep.
- A bosom friend: (گہرہ دوست)
Meaning: A close and dear friend and went everywhere together.
Example: They were bosom friends and went everywhere together.
- A brown study: (خیالات میں غرق)
Meaning: A state of mental absorption
Example: He did not make an answer to me as he was engaged in a brown study.