Important Idioms and Phrases are Most Repeated in CSS/PMS/FPSC/PPSC/BA Exams which will help you for the preparation of all competitive, aptitude and ability tests such as CSS, PMS, FPSC, KPPSC, PPSC, SPSC, NTS, BPSC and other competitive jobs exams.
- A bird of passage: (ایک جگہ سے دوسری جگہ بدلنے والا)
Meaning: A migratory.
Example: Do not trust him. He is a bird of passage.
- A hard nut to crack: (مشکل کام)
Meaning: A uphill task.
Example: To root out corruption from our society is a hard nut to crack.
- An open secret: (کھلا راز)
Meaning: A bone of contention:
Example: His marriage with a beautiful film actress is an open secret.
- A bone of contention: (فساد کی جڑ)
Meaning: The root of evil.
Example: This piece of land is a bone of contention between the two brothers.
- At a stone’s throw: (تھوڑے فاصلے پر)
Meaning: A small distance.
Example: Our College is situated at a stone’s throw from the bus stop.