Important Idioms and Phrases are Most Repeated in CSS/PMS/FPSC/PPSC/BA Exams which will help you for the preparation of all competitive, aptitude and ability tests such as CSS, PMS, FPSC, KPPSC, PPSC, SPSC, NTS, BPSC and other competitive jobs exams.
- A hat track: (مسلسل تین کامیابیاں)
Meaning: Three successive victories
Example: Imran khan had hat trick in the cricket match when he bowled out three players of Indian team.
- Blue stocking: (ادبی ذوق والی عورت)
Meaning: A women having literary taste.
Example: She is not well educated but she is a blue stocking:
- : A bolt from the blue or out of blue: (ناگہانی آفت)
Meaning: A sudden calamity.
Example: The news of his son’s death in the car accident was a bolt from the blue for him.
- At one’s beck and call: اشارے پر چلنا)
Meaning: Ready to serve.
Example: He is an obedient govt servant He is at the beck and call of his officers.
- Herculean task: (غیر معمولی جسامت اور قوت رکھنے والا آدمی)
Example: It is a herculean task to make an end of unemployment in Pakistan.