Important Idioms and Phrases are Most Repeated in CSS/PMS/FPSC/PPSC/BA Exams which will help you for the preparation of all competitive, aptitude and ability tests such as CSS, PMS, FPSC, KPPSC, PPSC, SPSC, NTS, BPSC and other competitive jobs exams.
- To keep up appearances: (واضح داری قائم رکھنا)
Meaning: To maintain the outward shows.
Example: it is very difficult for the poor to keep up appearances now a days.
- To be taken aback: (ہکا ہکا رہنا)
Meaning: to be surprised.
Example: HE was taken aback at the sudden change of govt in Pakistan.
- To have a fly in ones bonnet: (ذہنی طور پر پریشان ہونا)
Example: his broken speech in the function shows as if he had a fly in his bonnet.
- To bury the hatchet: (دشمنی ختم کرو)
Meaning: To make an end of enmity.
Example: Let us bury hatchet and be friends again.
- Pay off old scores: (بدلہ چکانا)
Meaning: Take revenge of old grievances.
Example: He killed his enemy and in this way paid off his old scores.