CSS/PMS/FPSC/PPSC/BA Exams which will help you for the preparation of all competitive, aptitude and ability tests such as CSS, PMS, FPSC, KPPSC, PPSC, SPSC, NTS, BPSC and other competitive jobs exams.
- To cut a sorry figure: (ناکام ہونا)
Meaning; to make one self-ridiculous.
Example; She cut a sorry figure in the presence of her only husband.
- To turn of a new leaf; (زندگی کا رخ بہتری کی طرف موڑنا)
Meaning: To change better.
Example: I am glad that you have turned over a new leaf after the death of your father.
- To get rid of: (نجات حاصل کرنا)
Meaning: To be free from.
Example: I want to get rid of nasty fellow like you.
- To put two and two together. (آپس میں مشورہ کرنا)
Meaning: To drew a conclusion from certain circumstances
Example: IF we lay heads together we shall be able to find a way out of this difficulty.
- To throw cold water on: (مایوس کرنا)
Meaning: To discourage
Example: I asked him to help me but he threw cold water upon my hopes.
- To look down upon: (نفرت کرنا)
Meaning: To hate.
Example: The rich should not look down upon the poor.
- To come to pass: (رونما ہونا)
Meaning: To happen.
Example: It come to pass after a period of time that they had a son.
- To pull a long face: (خفگی)
Meaning: To look serious or solemn.
Example: He pulled a long face at his insult in the meeting.