CSS/PMS/FPSC/PPSC/BA Exams which will help you for the preparation of all competitive, aptitude and ability tests such as CSS, PMS, FPSC, KPPSC, PPSC, SPSC, NTS, BPSC and other competitive jobs exams.
- To a long face: (خفگی)
Meaning: To look serious or solemn
Example: He pulled a long face at his insult in the meeting.
- TO give vent to: (اظہار کرنا)
Meaning: To express.
Example: He gave went to his anger by kicking the chair.
- To go hand in hand: (ساتھ ساتھ چلنا)
Meaning: To accompany each other.
Example: Rights and duties go hand in hand.
- To sleep through one’s fingers: (موقعہ ہاتھ سے نکلنا)
Meaning: To escape narrowly.
Example: The post of a judge slipped through his fingers due to his idleness.
- To pay one back in the same coin. (جیسے کو تیسا)
Meaning: To treat the same person in the same way in which he treats you.
Example: HE insulted me in the persons of my friends and I paid him back in the same coin.
- To stand one in great stead: (کسی کی جگہ)
Example: My knowledge in English stood me in great stead in England.
- To sallow the bait: (لالچ میں آنا)
Meaning: To be caught by temping promise.
Example: During the election many people swallow the bait and elect the insincere leaders.
- To get into hot water: (مثبت میں گرفتار)
Meaning: To leave one in time of difficulty.
Example: if you not stop drinking. You will soon get into hot water.