CSS/PMS/FPSC/PPSC/BA Exams which will help you for the preparation of all competitive, aptitude and ability tests such as CSS, PMS, FPSC, KPPSC, PPSC, SPSC, NTS, BPSC and other competitive jobs exams.
- To leave one in lurch: (مصیبت میں گرفتار)
Meaning: To leave one in time of difficulty.
Example. Her husband left in the lurch and now she is leading a miserable life.
- To eat a humble pie: (لڑ کھڑاہت)
Meaning; to yield to a very humiliating position.
Example: At least the proud Indian Army had to eat a humble pie in the 1965 War.
- To stand on ceremony: (ذلت آمیزہ ترکے سے ہار ماننا)
Meaning: To be format.
Example: Sincere friends do not monkey with my new.
- To monkey with; (تکلف برتنا)
Meaning: To do mischief or trick with a thing.
Example: Please do not monkey with my new V.C.R. You will break it.
- To hit the nail on the head: (شرارتیں)
Meaning: To speak to the point.
Example: I hit the nail on the head by telling her that she was married.
- To make a clean breast of: (ٹھیک بات کرنا)
Meaning: To confess one’s guilt.
He made a clean breast of his guilt before the judge.
- To win laurels; (جرم کا اعتراف کرنا)
Meaning; To win distinction.
Example; He bowled out three players of his rival team and thus won laurels in the match.
- To cast a slur upon; (عزاز جتنا)
Meaning; to bring into dispute.
Example; He cast a slur upon the fair name of his parents by his wicked deeds.